The project was conducted for a major vendor of Workflow and Playout systems. Mobica has been helping the client since 2013 with the development of an award winning cloud based broadcast scheduling system.
Mobica assigned a team of 3 to the schedule system part of the product. They focussed on delivering the following areas:
- Continuous integration and automated testing of existing functionality
- Design and Development of XML based schedule and content management API that allowed traffic providers to automatically upload and edit schedules and register content
- Design and Development of the security system allowed access via X509 certificates or Web based single sign on using third party identity providers
- Enhancements and defect fixing of existing functionality
Additionally, 1 further engineer was assigned to the embedded Linux play-out device. His main responsibilities were as follows:
- Design and implementation of media transfer component that downloaded content for play-out
- Optimization of the media cache used to keep content in memory prior to play-out
- Implementation of communication with cloud services
- Adding new elements to device’s configuration web page
Mobica enabled the client to shorten the time needed for the development of a new product, reducing its time to market. As a result a robust solution was created, that was awarded as a best product in its category.